On select dates, WowCuba offers their Western Cuba & Central Cuba tour itineraries on a private basis to groups of 1-6 travelers occupying a maximum of 3 rooms. Pricing is scaled to reflect the # of travelers sharing fixed costs on any given tour date. Registration is accepted & confirmed based on the # of participants committed to sharing those costs on any given tour date. If interested in signing up and joining other potential participants, but haven’t formed your own group for a private tour date, we’re happy to keep your request on file and put you in touch with other interested participants as presented without accepting a deposit or commitment to the tour. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for those interested in submitting their deposits/final payments based on the # of confirmed travelers in their party. Child pricing for private tours is available upon request when we receive the specific details of your rooming requirements.
The Western Cuba tour begins in Cuba’s capital, Havana, in the heart of the historic old city. Marvel at the antique cars, stunning architectural restoration projects and engage yourself with the friendly locals as we make our way to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Sierra del Rosario mountain range and National Natural Monument Viñales. At Soroa, spend your afternoon in the orchid garden, visit the waterfall or indulge in a fantastic massage after your ride. Continue through rural countryside to National Natural Monument, Viñales Valley, and Los Jazmines with a panoramic view of the pincushion hills (mogotes) and valley below. Back in Havana, we like to wrap up our week with an afternoon cultural activity, and a farewell dinner hosted by your rep at a local paladar restaurant.
|Private Tour Prices|
|Dates||USD/pax in a group of 6||USD/pax in a group of 5||USD/pax in a group of 4||USD/pax in a group of 3||USD/pax in a group of 2||USD/exclusive departure for a single traveler||Rooms Remaining||Cyclist Seeking Roommate||Last Date to Register|
Accommodations at the charming new privately-operated Paseo 206 boutique inn in Old Havana. Free wi-fi internet access included at this property.
If you’ll be in town in time for dinner we would be happy to make an advance reservation on your behalf at Starbien restaurant, within reasonable walking distance from your accommodations.
No Meals Included | (0 km/0 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel, depart by van then cycle inland to the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve.
Our ride ends at Soroa Hotel where we have lunch at the entrance to the waterfall before a free afternoon to explore the orchid gardens, hiking or horseback riding.
Transfer to the town of San Diego de los Baños for lodging at Mirador de San Diego and dinner at the hotel.
BB, LB, DB | (25 km/15 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel, begin cycling the central road through small villages to Viñales for lunch at the Palenque de los Cimarrones before checking out the view of the valley from the Los Jazmines lookout.
BB, LB, DB | (54 km/33 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel and cycle along the north shore this morning before lunch at the Farmer´s House in Las Terrazas and free time for swimming this afternoon at the San Juan river.
For those interested in hiking or exploring, Las Terrazas is a very successful experiment in sustainable development and reforestation. They also feature the first and one of only 2 zip lines in Cuba (optional, payable locally) with a scenic view over the lake and community.
Accommodations and dinner at La Moka eco lodge.
BB, LB, DB | (45 km/27 mi)
Breakfast and ride the central road towards Havana.
Family-style chicken & all the trimmings are on the lunch menu at El Aljibe restaurant in Miramar.
Check back in to Paseo 206 for your final evening of accommodations. Farewell dinner hosted by our representative tonight at San Cristobal paladar.
BB, LB, DB | (40 km/24 mi)
- BB: breakfast w/ beverage
- LB: lunch w/ beverage
- DB: dinner w/ beverage
- AI: All Inclusive
Itinerary and hotels subject to availability.
Hotel list by tour date
|28-mar-17||29-mar-17||Mirador de San Diego||San Diego de los Baños|
|29-mar-17||31-mar-17||Ermita, Jazmines, R. San Vicente or private b&b||Viñales|
|31-mar-17||01-apr-17||La Moka||Las Terrazas (Artemisa)|
|11-apr-17||12-apr-17||Mirador de San Diego||San Diego de los Baños|
|12-apr-17||14-apr-17||Ermita, Jazmines, R. San Vicente or private b&b||Viñales|
|14-apr-17||15-apr-17||La Moka||Las Terrazas (Artemisa)|
- Experienced Canadian company representatives for in
country reception and support
- Souvenir water bottle, rental of handlebar map bag or rear insulated trunk bag & helmet (some clients prefer to bring their own helmets, saddles, and clipless pedal/shoe systems and we have no problem with installing those on our equipment)
- Professional mechanic on tour
- Experienced bilingual Cuban and Canadian guides
- Air conditioned support bus day 2-7
- Accommodations as per itinerary, mainly 3-4* properties, all with private bath & a/c
- Meals as per itinerary (all meals include minimum of one drink)
- Cuba cycle jersey (includes shipping to your home)
- WoWCuba reps take care of tips for restaurants and accommodations (porters, reception staff, musicians, etc.) while on tour with you. If you feel the services of your Havanatur tour guide, Transtur driver and WoWCuba/MacQueen´s Island Tours tour leader warrant recognition, gratuities are welcomed. Click here for more info on tipping etiquette in Cuba.
- Snacks and cold beverages provided for rides.
- High quality, professionally maintained 27-speed hybrid bicycles outfitted for touring. Our current touring fleet consists mainly of the the Specialized Sirrus Comp, the Specialized Vita Comp and Specialized Vita Pro although we do have other options available to satisfy the individual needs of our clients. We also have a limited number of Evox electric-assist bikes available for a small upgrade fee. Other companies may claim that their bikes are the best in Cuba, but we are certain those in the know will agree that noone offers a comparable rental fleet to ours. Our Specialized bikes have a MSRP of $1000+ and are maintained by one of the most experienced, knowledgeable bicycle mechanics we know.
What’s not included
- Additional beverages
- Additional gratuities
- Medical and cancellation insurance
- Cuban departure tax
- International flights
- Tourist visa
- Passport fees
- Optional excursions, museum fees, theatre and items of a personal nature etc.
- Private or collective transfers from/to airport upon your international arrival/departure. Inquire when requesting quotation.