Begin in Cuba’s capital, Havana, in the heart of the historic old city. Marvel at the antique cars, stunning architectural restoration projects and engage yourself with the friendly locals as we make our way to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Sierra del Rosario mountain range and National Natural Monument Viñales.
At Soroa, spend your afternoon in the orchid garden, visit the waterfall or indulge in a fantastic massage after your ride. Continue through rural countryside to National Natural Monument, Viñales Valley, and Los Jazmines with a panoramic view of the pincushion hills (mogotes) and valley below. Back in Havana, we like to wrap up our week with an afternoon cultural activity, and a farewell dinner hosted by your rep at a local paladar restaurant.
|Dates||USD/pax||Rooms Remaining||Cyclist Seeking Roommate||Last Date to Register|
||$2769 double room
$3277 single room
||$2758 double room
$3261 single room
Western Cuba Bicycle Tour Detailed Itinerary
Accommodations at the Hotel Sevilla in Old Havana (or similar).
If you’ll be in town in time we often make a suggestion for a group restaurant/dinner and coordinate a 7:30 pm reservation there for any participants interested in getting together for a meet & greet this evening.
No Meals | (0 km/0 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel, depart by van then cycle inland to the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve.
Our ride ends at Soroa Hotel where we have lunch at the entrance to the waterfall before a free afternoon to explore the orchid gardens, hiking or horseback riding.
Accommodation at Soroa or late afternoon transfer to the town of San Diego de los Baños for lodging at Mirador de San Diego.
Dinner at the hotel.
BB, LB, DB | (25 km/15 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel, begin cycling the central road through small villages to Viñales for lunch at the Palenque de los Cimarrones before checking out the view of the valley from the Los Jazmines lookout.
BB, LB, DB | (54 km/33 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel and cycle along the north shore this morning before lunch at the Farmer´s House in Las Terrazas and free time for swimming this afternoon at the San Juan river.
For those interested in hiking or exploring, Las Terrazas is a very successful experiment in sustainable development and reforestation.
They also feature the first and one of only 2 zip lines in Cuba (optional, payable locally) with a scenic view over the lake and community.
Accommodations and dinner at La Moka eco lodge.
BB, LB, DB | (45 km/27 mi)
Breakfast and ride the central road towards Havana.
Family-style chicken & all the trimmings are on the lunch menu at El Aljibe restaurant in Miramar.
Check in to Hotel Sevilla.
Dinner hosted by our representative tonight at San Cristobal paladar.
BB, LB, DB | (40 km/24 mi)
- BB: breakfast w/ beverage
- LB: lunch w/ beverage
- DB: dinner w/ beverage
- AI: All Inclusive
Itinerary and hotels subject to availability.
Western Cuba Bicycle Tour – Hotel list by tour date
|07-feb-17||08-feb-17||Mirador de San Diego||San Diego de los Baños|
|08-feb-17||10-feb-17||Ermita, Jazmines or R. San Vicente||Viñales|
|10-feb-17||11-feb-17||La Moka||Las Terrazas (Artemisa)|
|22-feb-17||24-feb-17||Ermita, Jazmines or R. San Vicente||Viñales|
|24-feb-17||25-feb-17||La Moka||Las Terrazas (Artemisa)|
- Experienced Canadian company representatives for in
country reception and support
- Souvenir water bottle, rental of handlebar map bag or rear insulated trunk bag & helmet (some clients prefer to bring their own helmets, saddles, and clipless pedal/shoe systems and we have no problem with installing those on our equipment)
- Professional mechanic on tour
- Experienced bilingual Cuban and Canadian guides
- Air conditioned support bus day 2-7
- Accommodations as per itinerary, mainly 3-4* properties, all with private bath & a/c
- Meals as per itinerary (all meals include minimum of one drink)
- Cuba cycle jersey (includes shipping to your home)
- WoWCuba reps take care of tips for restaurants and accommodations (porters, reception staff, musicians, etc.) while on tour with you. If you feel the services of your Havanatur tour guide, Transtur driver and WoWCuba/MacQueen´s Island Tours tour leader warrant recognition, gratuities are welcomed. Click here for more info on tipping etiquette in Cuba.
- Snacks and cold beverages provided for rides.
- High quality, professionally maintained 27-speed hybrid bicycles outfitted for touring. Our current touring fleet consists mainly of the the Specialized Sirrus Comp, the Specialized Vita Comp and Specialized Vita Pro although we do have other options available to satisfy the individual needs of our clients. We also have a limited number of Evox electric-assist bikes available for a small upgrade fee. Other companies may claim that their bikes are the best in Cuba, but we are certain those in the know will agree that noone offers a comparable rental fleet to ours. Our Specialized bikes have a MSRP of $1000+ and are maintained by one of the most experienced, knowledgeable bicycle mechanics we know.
What’s not included
- Additional beverages
- Additional gratuities
- Medical and cancellation insurance
- Cuban departure tax
- International flights
- Tourist visa
- Passport fees
- Optional excursions, museum fees, theatre and items of a personal nature etc.
- Private or collective transfers from/to airport upon your international arrival/departure. Inquire when requesting quotation.
Guaranteed Departures & Available Discounts
All tour dates are guaranteed to operate for paid participants with the following condition:
If the minimum number of cyclists on a tour (5, except 10 for Vuelta) is not met, then MacQueen’s Island Tours/WoWCuba reserves the right to offer the advertised itinerary accompanied only by our tour leader/mechanic in a support car/van.
Unsold tour space is normally released 30 days prior to tour departure.
Cycle Tour Early Booking Bonus:
$50 CUC/person discount to the first 4 cyclists to register and pay deposit on any group cycle tour (may be combined with alumni discount) Not available. View details here.
Second consecutive cycle tour, Deduct $95 CUC per person, plus 10% discount. Bicycle jersey excluded from 2nd tour.
5% off the land only price for repeat participants. View details here.
Early Bird Group Discount:
5% off the land only price for groups of 6 or more booking together 90+ days prior to tour start. View details here.
What Clients Are Saying About WoWCuba Bicycle Tours
I enthusiastically recommend WowCuba, and would be glad to be a personal reference. The tour was very well planned and supported, the guides were extremely competent and fun to be with, meals and accommodations were very good to excellent, and this was a great mix of group activity, individual time, biking in beautiful countryside while learning about and appreciating Cuba, in all its complexity and possibilities. The trip is very suitable for an individual, a couple or a family (we were a family of 4 with 2 grown kids, different biking levels, different interests, and all of us really had a great time). Definitely recommend WowCuba and hope to come back.
good deal - can't miss
Go with WowCuba. They've been doing these tours for over 20 years. They totally know what they're doing. They have relationships throughout the country - when we'd go to a restaurant, invariably the owner would come and kiss or hug Danny. They're knowledgeable about bikes and cycling - Danny has worked with bikes since he was a kid. They go the extra mile - they really take care of their guests, even baking birthday cakes, ensuring there's good wine at dinner, introducing us to Cuban specialties. Between their expertise in cycling, knowledge of Cuba itself, and caliber of service, you can't go wrong.