The Hotel Telegrafo first opened its doors on Amistad (friendship) Street in 1860, moving to its current prime location in Old Havana in 1888 on the lively corner of 408 Prado and Neptuno Streets. Totally transformed in 1895, it quickly became a landmark throughout Latin America. Today the remodeled Hotel Telegrafo commemorates the hotel’s glorious 19th century luxury and charm. Travelers can trace the hotel’s architectural evolution from the original style still visible on the first two floors, to the more contemporary design of the third floor.
The 63 spacious, high-ceilinged rooms are located on three floors and most offer a view of Prado’s esplanade. In addition to 54 well-appointed rooms, there are 3 suites and 6 junior suites.
The courtyard snack bar features exposed original bricks and masonry and a large ceramic tile mural illustrating colonial Havana’s architecture. The ground floor restaurant offers international cuisine, a great view of Parque Central and huge stained glass windows.
Address: 480 Prado and Neptuno Streets, Old Havana
Food Services: restaurant, snack bar