Your cycle tour begins with a visit to the city of Santa Clara, where revolutionary Che Guevara’s remains are entombed. Our first ride takes us from the north shore towns of Remedios and Caibarien heading west to Sancti Spiritus. We’ll continue to Cuba’s most colonial city Trinidad before continuing to one of our favorite cities in Cuba, Cienfuegos, the “Pearl of the Caribbean”.
Spend an all inclusive afternoon snorkeling amongst tropical fish inside a natural breakwater in the Bay of Pigs area before heading to historic Old Havana. Back in Havana, we’ll show you some of the city’s best restaurants and partake in the capital’s many cultural opportunities before it’s time to bid farewell (or hasta pronto) to the friendly people in Cuba.
|Private Tour Prices|
|Dates||USD/pax in a group of 6||USD/pax in a group of 5||USD/pax in a group of 4||USD/pax in a group of 3||USD/pax in a group of 2||USD/exclusive departure for a single traveler||Rooms Remaining||Cyclist Seeking Roommate||Last Date to Register|
|$2715 double||$2958 double
Central Cuba Private Bicycle Tour Detailed Itinerary
Our tour bus and your tour team will depart Havana at 08:30 and travel to east via the highway to Sancti Spiritus. They can provide a pickup anywhere along their route if required. Just let us know your arrival plans so that we can facilitate transfer services to the start point of the trip.
We recommend arriving in Sancti Spiritus by nightfall.
Accommodation at the charming new Don Florencio inn. Dinner in town at Meson de la Plaza.
DB | (0 km/mi)
This morning we’ll take the bus to the top of the Sierra del Escambray mountains and Topes de Collantes where you’ll enjoy a hiking excursion to Finca Codina with lunch included.
Afternoon free to explore the natural and protected area at leisure by bicycle.
Dinner included at your hotel, Los Helechos.
BB, LB, DB | (15 km/9 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel and we’ll descend Topes by bus to the base before we begin riding along flat coastline to the province of Cienfuegos. Lunch enroute near Guajimico.
BB, LB, DB | (46 km/29 mi)
An early breakfast is followed by a ride southwest towards Montemar Natural Park and Caleta Buena, a natural breakwater with great snorkeling and diving, rife with tropical fish swimming in plain view.
Lunch in Caleta Buena. We highly recommend the optional purchase of snorkeling or diving packages available on site.
Late afternoon transfer to Cuba’s capital, Havana.
Accommodations at the charming new privately-operated Paseo 206 boutique inn in Havana. Free wi-fi internet access included at this property.
Dinner tonight at the San Cristobal paladar in Central Havana.
BB, LB, DB | (50 km/31 mi)
After breakfast, transfer east of Havana where we’ll ride from the Escaleras de Jaruco north to the towns of Hershey and Santa Cruz with elevated views of the north coast enroute.
Our ride ends at Guanabo beach at El Piccolo paladar where wood-fired brick oven pizza’s the lunch specialty. They feature a small-scale urban agriculture project and a fowl/small animal collection.
Guanabo or Santa Maria beach time can be provided before continuing into Havana for a panoramic bus tour of the capital.
Dinner tonight at El Divino, a private Mantilla restaurant operated by a Cuban-Italian couple with its fabulous wine cellar, collection of more than 110 fruit trees (some of which are facing extinction in Cuba), environmental education for children, and more.
BB, LB, DB | (45 km/27 mi)
- B: Breakfast
- L: Lunch
- D: Dinner
- BB: Breakfast w/beverage
- LB: Lunch w/beverage
- DB: Dinner w/beverage
- AI: All Inclusive
Itinerary and hotels subject to availability.
Central Cuba Private Bicycle Tour – Hotel list by tour date
|23-oct-16||24-oct-16||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|25-oct-16||26-oct-16||Los Helechos||Topes de Collantes (Sierra del Escambray)|
|26-oct-16||28-oct-16||Jagua or La Union||Cienfuegos|
|06-nov-16||08-nov-16||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|10-nov-16||11-nov-16||Jagua, La Union or Faro Luna||Cienfuegos|
|02-abr-17||04-abr-17||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|06-abr-17||07-abr-17||Jagua, La Union or Faro Luna||Cienfuegos|
- Experienced Canadian company representatives for in-country reception and support
- Souvenir water bottle, rental of handlebar map bag or rear insulated trunk bag & helmet (some clients prefer to bring their own helmets, saddles, and clipless pedal/shoe systems and we have no problem with installing those on our equipment)
- Professional mechanic on tour
- Experienced bilingual Cuban and Canadian guides
- Air conditioned support bus
- Accommodations as per itinerary, mainly 3-4* properties, all with private bath & a/c
- Meals as per itinerary (all meals include minimum of one drink)
- Cuba cycle jersey (includes shipping to your home)
- WoWCuba reps take care of tips for restaurants and accommodations (porters, reception staff, musicians, etc.) while on tour with you. If you feel the services of your Havanatur tour guide, Transtur driver and WoWCuba/MacQueen’s Island Tours tour leader warrant recognition, gratuities are welcomed. Click here for more info on tipping etiquette in Cuba.
- Snacks and cold beverages provided for rides
- High quality, professionally maintained 27-speed hybrid bicycles outfitted for touring. Our current touring fleet consists mainly of the the Specialized Sirrus Comp, the Specialized Vita Comp and Specialized Vita Pro although we do have other options available to satisfy the individual needs of our clients. We also have a limited number of Evox electric-assist bikes available for a small upgrade fee. Other companies may claim that their bikes are the best in Cuba, but we are certain those in the know will agree that noone offers a comparable rental fleet to ours. Our Specialized bikes have a MSRP of $1000+ and are maintained by one of the most experienced, knowledgeable bicycle mechanics we know.
What’s not included
- Additional beverages
- Additional gratuities
- Medical and cancellation insurance
- Cuban departure tax
- International flights
- Tourist visa
- Passport fees
- Optional excursions, museum fees, theatre and items of a personal nature etc.
- Private or collective transfers from/to airport upon your international arrival/departure. Inquire when requesting quotation.