Your cycle tour begins with a visit to the 500+ colonial villa of Sancti Spiritus and the charming Don Florencio inn. We’ll continue to Cuba’s most colonial city Trinidad before continuing to one of our favorite cities in Cuba, Cienfuegos, the “Pearl of the Caribbean”.
Spend an all inclusive afternoon snorkeling amongst tropical fish inside a natural breakwater in the Bay of Pigs area before heading to historic Old Havana. Back in Havana, we’ll show you some of the city’s best restaurants and partake in the capital’s many cultural opportunities before it’s time to bid farewell (or hasta pronto) to the friendly people in Cuba.
|Group Tour Prices|
|Dates||USD/pax||Rooms Remaining||Cyclist Seeking Roommate||Last Date to Register|
Central Cuba Bicycle Tour Detailed Itinerary
Our tour bus & trailer depart our outfitting facility in the Kohly neighborhood of Havana this morning at 08:30 for ground transfer to Sancti Spiritus. Any tour participants interested in transferring along with our tour team should be at the Kohly Business Center by 08:20 with their belongings.
Note that some trip members arrange to transfer independently directly from other points in Cuba (or fly into Santa Clara rather than Havana) and meet us in Sancti Spiritus, thereby avoiding the longish ground transfer from Havana.
Accommodation at the charming new Don Florencio inn.
Dinner in town at Meson de la Plaza.
DB | 0 km/mi
Cycle as far as the Manaca Iznaga tower entrance in Trinidad.
Lunch in town at a private restaurant personally selected by our team.
Walking tour of the colonial center.
BB, LB, DB (53 km / 32.9 mi)
Breakfast at the hotel and loop out to the Caribbean and Ancon Beach before heading back to Manaca Iznaga where (if it’s operating) we’ll catch a former sugar train back into town for lunch.
Free time for exploring colonial Trinidad or frolicking at the beach.
Dinner tonight in town at a local paladar.
BB, LB, DB (45 km / 28 mi)
An early breakfast is followed by a ride southwest towards Montemar Natural Park and Caleta Buena, a natural breakwater with great snorkeling and diving, rife with tropical fish swimming in plain view.
Lunch in Caleta Buena.
We highly recommend the optional purchase of snorkeling or diving packages available on site.
Late afternoon transfer to Cuba’s capital, Havana.
Accommodation in Havana at Hotel Copacabana (or similar).
Dinner tonight at el Ajiaco Cuban specialty restaurant in the fishing village of Cojimar..
BB, LB, DB (50km / 31.1 mi)
After breakfast, transfer east of Havana where we’ll ride from the Escaleras de Jaruco north to the towns of Hershey and Santa Cruz with elevated views of the north coast enroute. Our ride ends at Guanabo beach at El Piccolo paladar where wood-fired brick oven pizza’s the lunch specialty.
They feature a small-scale urban agriculture project and a fowl/small animal collection. Guanabo or Santa Maria beach time can be provided before continuing into Havana for a panoramic bus tour of the capital.
Farewell dinner tonight at San Cristobal paladar in Central Havana.
BB, LB, DB (45 km / 27 mi)
- B: Breakfast
- L: Lunch
- D: Dinner
- BB: Breakfast w/beverage
- LB: Lunch w/beverage
- DB: Dinner w/beverage
- AI: All Inclusive
Itinerary and hotels subject to availability.
Central Cuba Bicycle Tour – Hotel list by tour date
|10-dec-17||12-dec-17||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|14-dec-17||15-dec-17||Hotel Jagua, Hotel La Union, Hotel Faro Luna or Pasacaballos||Cienfuegos|
|02-jan-18||04-jan-18||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|04-jan-18||06-jan-18||Hostal Lola & La Casona||Trinidad|
|06-jan-18||07-jan-18||Hotel Jagua, Hotel La Union, Hotel Faro Luna or Pasacaballos||Cienfuegos|
|11-feb-18||13-feb-18||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|13-feb-18||15-feb-18||Hostal Lola & La Casona||Trinidad|
|15-feb-18||16-feb-18||Hotel Jagua, Hotel La Union, Hotel Faro Luna or Pasacaballos||Cienfuegos|
|04-mar-18||06-mar-18||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|06-mar-18||08-mar-18||Hostal Lola & La Casona||Trinidad|
|08-mar-18||09-mar-18||Hotel Jagua, Hotel La Union, Hotel Faro Luna or Pasacaballos||Cienfuegos|
|18-mar-18||20-mar-18||Don Florencio||Sancti Spiritus|
|20-mar-18||22-mar-18||Hostal Lola & La Casona||Trinidad|
|22-mar-18||23-mar-18||Hotel Jagua, Hotel La Union, Hotel Faro Luna or Pasacaballos||Cienfuegos|
- Experienced Canadian company representatives for in-country reception and support
- Souvenir water bottle, rental of handlebar map bag or rear insulated trunk bag & helmet (some clients prefer to bring their own helmets, saddles, and clipless pedal/shoe systems and we have no problem with installing those on our equipment)
- Professional mechanic on tour
- Experienced bilingual Cuban and Canadian guides
- Air conditioned support bus
- Accommodations as per itinerary, mainly 3-4* properties, all with private bath & a/c
- Meals as per itinerary (all meals include minimum of one drink)
- Cuba cycle jersey (includes shipping to your home)
- WoWCuba reps take care of tips for restaurants and accommodations (porters, reception staff, musicians, etc.) while on tour with you. If you feel the services of your Havanatur tour guide, Transtur driver and WoWCuba/MacQueen’s Island Tours tour leader warrant recognition, gratuities are welcomed. Click here for more info on tipping etiquette in Cuba.
- Snacks and cold beverages provided for rides
- High quality, professionally maintained 27-speed hybrid bicycles outfitted for touring. Our current touring fleet consists mainly of the the Specialized Sirrus Comp, the Specialized Vita Comp and Specialized Vita Pro although we do have other options available to satisfy the individual needs of our clients. We also have a limited number of Evox electric-assist bikes available for a small upgrade fee. Other companies may claim that their bikes are the best in Cuba, but we are certain those in the know will agree that noone offers a comparable rental fleet to ours. Our Specialized bikes have a MSRP of $1000+ and are maintained by one of the most experienced, knowledgeable bicycle mechanics we know.
What’s not included
- Additional beverages
- Additional gratuities
- Medical and cancellation insurance
- Cuban departure tax
- International flights
- Tourist visa
- Passport fees
- Optional excursions, museum fees, theatre and items of a personal nature etc.
- Private or collective transfers from/to airport upon your international arrival/departure. Inquire when requesting quotation.
Guaranteed Departures & Available Discounts
All tour dates are guaranteed to operate for paid participants with the following condition:
If the minimum number of cyclists on a tour (5, except 10 for Vuelta) is not met, then MacQueen’s Island Tours/WoWCuba reserves the right to offer the advertised itinerary accompanied only by our tour leader/mechanic in a support car/van.
Unsold tour space is normally released 30 days prior to tour departure.
Cycle Tour Early Booking Bonus:
$50 USD/person discount to the first 4 cyclists to register and pay deposit on any group cycle tour (may be combined with alumni discount) Not available. View details here.
Second consecutive cycle tour, Deduct $95 CUC per person, plus 10% discount. Bicycle jersey excluded from 2nd tour.
5% off the land only price for repeat participants. View details here.
Early Bird Group Discount:
5% off the land only price for groups of 6 or more booking together 90+ days prior to tour start. View details here.
What Clients Are Saying About WoWCuba Bicycle Tours
If you want to have the trip of a lifetime in one of the most friendly countries I've ever been, with excellent staff, great food and spectacular scenery, this would be the trip to take. And do so before Trump screws it up and sends the country back into a tailspin!
Very well organized, good accommodations, good food, excellent service overall. The staff was very flexible and attentive to our needs. Riding through the country side is a lot of fun. Going through the towns is very interesting. The following bus is comforting as well as the lead and follow up ride leaders.
good deal - can't miss